Electrical installations degrade over time, it is therefore important that they are inspected and tested at regular intervals to ensure they are safe to use. More information for duty holders including how to comply with statutory legislation can be found by clicking here.
At Highline Electrical we offer a comprehensive service for all your inspection and testing needs. We specialise in the industrial (including hazardous locations), commercial, domestic & agricultural sectors.
Our range of services include:
- This is the most common service we offer and typical intervals for this type of testing are 10 years in domestic properties, 5 years for commercial, and 3 years for industrial premises.
- Every 12 months, both commercial and industrial premises should be checked for damage that has occurred to equipment over the last year.
- We provide inspections to the DSEAR regulations which require equipment installed in hazardous areas be periodically inspected to ensure it is suitable for continued use in the area.
- An inspection to ensure that regular checks, periodic servicing and maintenance are carried out, regardless of the size of the premises, so defects can be put right as quickly as possible.
- We provide 6 monthly fire alarm tests to BS 5839: Part 1, section 6. We can also provide you with bespoke log books for your installation.
- A fixed appliance is an electrical appliance which is usually connected to the electricity supply via a fused outlet to which a flex is permanently connected, for example, cookers and hand dryers. These tests are often overlooked, but are equally as important as PAT tests.
- Portable appliance testing is a process by which electrical appliances are routinely checked to see whether they are safe. In order to prevent danger all electrical equipment and systems should be maintained on a regular basis. Each and every piece of electrical equipment must be examined and tested according to the IEE code of practice recommendations.
Every 12 months an establishment must have its electrical installation inspected for safety. More information can be found here
It is the responsibility of the landlord to ensure that the electrical installation is safe for tenants to use. The installation must be tested every 12 months, OR upon change of occupancy. More information can be found here.
Our thermographic surveys are provided on a client need basis. Although we specialise in electrical installations, these surveys can also be used for other purposes. For example, overheating in motor windings, overheating bearings, hot or cold spots resulting from poor building insulation.
All Highline Electrical clients are provided with a username and password to our client files area of the site. Once a report is completed it is uploaded to your client file area and can be easily accessed from any PC.
We offer a client orientated service, providing a bespoke service where individual needs can be catered for.
This may include:
- Full drawings/schematics from substation to final circuits
- Production of a programme of works
- Identification of all final circuits
- Labelling of all final circuits
- Photographing of faults
- Recommendations for remedial works
- Laminated circuit charts for distribution boards
- Asset labelling
- Cable marking within distribution boards
Our catchment area is Shropshire, Wrexham, Powys, Cheshire, Staffordshire, Herefordshire, West Midlands.